Friday, July 4, 2008

Blog Entry15

When I came across the different attachment styles in Chapter 15: Family and Life-span Issues and it asked which best describe your feeling, I could relate myself to the secure and avoidant styles. You don’t use a specific style in every situation and to everyone. I am a very secure person when in comes to my boyfriend. I trust him more than I trust myself. And through the years I have become dependent on him (not good). However, I am not this secure person to everyone. To my friends I am a more avoidant person. I trust my friends but there is a limit. I don’t tell them my feelings of insecurity. I know that in any relationship you need to trust your partner before they can trust you. But it is just a matter of how much trust we are willing to give out and receive. Everyone has his/her limit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how you talk about how you can't just be one attachment style. And I think that the style can change depending on the setting and situation. I find my self being closer to my boyfriend then my friends in a lot of situations. Like you, I am avoidant with my friends sometimes, but thats rare with my boyfriend. I may not want to say it at first to him, I am semi-avoidant, but in the end, I realize how secure and comfortable I am with him, so I open up. Everyone really does have that limit or point, it just depends on our knowledge, experiences, and current situations.