Saturday, June 28, 2008

Blog Entry12

From the lecture notes, jealousy in a relationship is to achieve equity by those who are insecure about their relationships. I have definitely seen this in many people and some people are really not aware of their jealousy. I think it is acceptable to be jealous but only to a certain point. Some people can be so overwhelming jealous that it can hurt their relationship.
In fact, my friend is experiencing this jealousy from her boyfriend. His jealousy has come to a point where he doesn’t like her to wear makeup anymore. She used to be this fashionable girl, but since she dated this guy, she went through a complete transformation. Now she only wears casual clothes and no make up. I asked her why and she said that her boyfriend doesn’t like when guys look at her. I find this too much. I couldn’t believe that she even let him control her so much. Also, he doesn’t like her talking to her childhood male friend. However, she told me that she sometimes follow him to see if he is telling the truth. Obviously, they both are very insecure in their relationship. But when they don’t have any trust in each other, they will have a hard time to move on. For them, they are convinced that they do it out of love. No doubt that they love each other, but I think they approach it the wrong way.

No comments: