Friday, June 13, 2008

Blog Entry3

From chapter 16, I find myself related to attentiveness of Conversational involvement and conversational narcissism, depending on situations. I think I am a great listener and I participate actively during an interaction when it comes to family and friends no matter what the topic is. Other times I don't get as much involved in conversations as I am supposed to as I become more passive. Esepcially when I have an uninteresting topic with other people, I can lose track sometimes.

Today, I went to an interview at this small family company. The vice president interviewed me and we started out fine. But sometimes she talked about topics that were so irrelevant for the interview, so for some seconds I kind of lost track of what she was saying. I just nodded while she was talking. While I was looking at her and nodding, I was thinking about how unprofessional she looked as a vice president. At the same time, I studied her body language and her face expressions. Then, she asked me questions and I was right on track again (Got the job). Then, my attentiveness came to my awarewess again.

I don’t think I have an issue with listening, but I guess it is important for what the topic is about and with whom. I do hear what others have to say, but I just have my own thoughts sometimes.

No comments: